Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My First Post: The Beginning

Today, I had some free time in the morning, thus I decide to go sarging with Iany at Mcgill college. I came pretty early and there weren't lots of students so i decide to open with directions to a certain location.

First two sets --> Excuse me, i'm a foreign exchange student and i'm kinda lost right now. do you know where I can find xyz building.

Set 3 --> I see a HB7 by herself on the computer. Walk off to target and say"Hi there, I just noticed you from back there, and i thought it would be a good idea to come over and say hi. I'm Yang. She introduces herself and we start talking. Nothing special, it was just boring fluff talk so I eject after 5 minutes.

Set 4 --> I see this HB7.5 sitting by herself studying. I decide to follow the 3 second rule and just approach. I go direct on this girl, same opener. She's quite friendly and receptive so I continue talking to her. I try to cold read where she was from. "You're not from here are you? You look like you're from Vancouver like just because of the the way you posture and gesture yourself". She smiles and says"No I'm actually from Toronto". I start teasing her for being from Toronto. I also start demonstrating my personality through my own stories to get her smiling and laughing. From there I know, I am done with attraction and I go on to rapport.
We talk a little about travel, and movies. At some point she tells me about her bf in Italy.
The connection is still pretty tight.
I facebook close and leave. When I get home, I realize that I don't remember her name. LOL

Set 5 --> I open a 2 set using an indirect opener with Iany. The opener was "Hey guys, my friend here just broke up with his girlfriend. How long should he wait before he dates her roomate." The two girls are into the opener. I just fluff a bit about their major and where they're from. I use the Best Friends test to get them laughing. I think after that, I just go to rapport.
Find out about their passions, countries they've travelled and some other rapport topics.
From there, I decide to eject and just get their facebook info. The rapport there was so so.
There were some awkward pauses so I have to get use to approaching 2 sets. Lately I've approached mostly single sets.

Right now, I'm focusing on rapport.

No comments:

Post a Comment